Employee Relations Consultant
100 N Greene St Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Position: Employee Relations Consultant
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Interviews: Phone and In Person
- This position provides HR services to internal clients across the company with a focus on employee relations issues.
- This includes consulting with managers and employees on performance-related concerns.
- Supporting and conducting internal investigations
- Assisting managers in creating coaching plans for employees
- Addressing employee concerns with managers and other staff as appropriate
- Using judgment to determine proper course of action regarding any reported performance or conduct issues
- Maintaining record-keeping concerning employee performance develop employee relations solutions that effectively foster a high performing workplace.
- Oversees corrective action process including conducting internal investigations
- Properly documents concerns
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers and employees on employee relations issues and concerns
- Engages Legal team as required.
- Develops and executes solutions to address employee relations and performance management issues.
- Mitigates litigation risk by consistently addressing employee relations and performance management issues.
- Coaching managers on how to effectively identify, navigate, and resolve employee relations and performance management issues.
- Ensures self and managers are accountable for documentation and follow-through on employee relations issues.
- Researches practices, interprets policies and recommends procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws (i.e., Fair Labor Standards Act, FMLA, ADAAA, etc.).
- Researches, investigates, and responds to complaints as well as administrative charges received from external governmental agencies under direction of counsel.
- Collaborates with HRBPs, Employee Relations Team, and Legal on employee relations investigations as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Human Resources is preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in Human Resources that aligns with the responsibilities for this position; Employee Relations experience is required
- Proficiency in federal, state, and local EEO and Labor statutes, regulations, enforcement policies and practices
- Experience working with HRIS and ER technologies, analysis and reporting tools
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Ability to provide timely service and response; work independently; and manage multiple projects effectively