End User Device Coordinator
Melrose Avenue Nashville, Tennessee 37211
Position: End User Device Coordinator
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
This position will work with the End User Device Lead, Epic application team members, IS staff, IS Management and key personnel from other departments to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective and functional end-user solutions for all aspects of a customers’ Epic implementation. This position is responsible for Technical Dress Rehearsal (TDR) testing in preparation for customer Epic go-lives.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- This position performs gap analysis, procurement, installation, and testing of all end-user devices needed for each customer deployment of the Epic Electronic Medical Record.
- Execution of project plans, customer checklists and managing associated end-user devices for all Epic projects. Examples of equipment include but are not limited to: PC/workstations, printers, document scanners, credit card readers, and other attached peripheral devices.
- This role will also assist with the documentation and tracking of network outlets, IPs and Port #s, and device layout to assist with printer mapping.
- In addition, work directly with clients to review the technology gap analysis, and assist with recommendations on required hardware replacement to support Epic.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage the Workstation and Printer inventory spreadsheets across all locations;
- Coordinate with project team for workstation and printing-related change control and deployment processes
- Communicate in advance with local operations, often 3rd party IT vendors, on project planning, requirements and status;
- Interact with clinicians to obtain clarification on the use of devices as it relates to their clinical workflows
- Understand expected results and document failures effectively for the Epic TDR Issues List based on test script requirements
- Acting as a liaison between the technical team and the application team for all device-related topics; Updating end-user device project plans, trackers, and other work plans
- Coordinating end-user hardware inventory, assessments, procurement, deployment, and testing needed to support the Epic environment and associated systems, including, but limited to, workstations, printers, mobile carts, arms, and barcode scanners
- Scheduling and coordinating visits to each go-live site to assess current end-user hardware and perform gap analysis based on validated application workflows
- Scheduling and coordinating technical dress rehearsal and visits to each go-live site to test end-user hardware and track issues to resolution
- Coordinating with the testing and implementation project managers and application leads to provide peripherals, storage, and other hardware needed for testing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year degree in Information Technology
- Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- CompTIA A+ Certification with Windows 7 or better preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years' experience in information technology required
- Prior experience in hospital information systems preferred
- Epic experience is preferred as well as some desktop and device troubleshooting experience
- Strong verbal communication skills are needed
- Travel throughout the US to locations to coordinate and lead the testing efforts at any given customer location.