remote, MO 64030
Position: Engagement Leader
Job Location: Travel
Interview Expectations: Remote
Local Candidate: No
Required Skill Sets: Cerner Revenue Cycle, Patient Accounting
The Engagement Leader is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and delivering client projects within professional services from initiation to delivery; in alignment with all client initiatives. This role serves as liaison between Cerner and client to ensure all targets and requirements are completed on schedule and within budget and scope.
Key Responsibilities (Levels 5-2)
Leads Project Engagement
- Provides leadership and oversight to engagements so that deliverables are met on time and ensures Cerner is providing value to the client as committed.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the project for Cerner, ensuring successful projects with high client satisfaction, on or under budget.
- Gains control of the engagement from the sales team to ensure seamless transition from sales team to implementation team.
- Plans engagement, creates engagement plan, and works with Resource Management to procure resources.
- Ensures appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate successful completion of projects.
- Manages the delivery of multiple project initiatives designed to enhance the services and level of support provided to the client.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and deliver project deliverables in alignment with the client’ s expectations and business needs.
- Delivers in a high quality manner to grow reference opportunities for the client and Cerner.
- Consistently applies Cerner’ s methodology, standard tools and process to execute the engagement and manage scope in a way that focuses on the quality of the delivery.
- Manages engagement expenses according to plan and participates in financial management of the engagement.
- Leads and coordinates client turnover from implementation to support.
Leads Project Associates
- Provides regular and timely performance feedback for associates – coaches them for success in exceeding performance expectations.
- Responds and supports project team escalations, and creates an environment of open collaboration to identify resolutions.
- Provides feedback for associate performance appraisals in accordance with Cerner’ s performance management philosophy and processes.
- Recognizes and rewards associates’ contributions on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for all associates assigned to their engagements on a full-time/permanent basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the team’ s core processes and functions.
- Knows corporate policies and holds team accountable for modeling them.
- Manages routine associate situations. Performs other responsibilities as needed.
Manages Client Relationships
- Strategizes with client leadership and team to identify engagement opportunities and build vision.
- Participates in ongoing sales activities and maintains consistency from initial scope through completion.
- Integrates with Cerner across all venues, levels and organizations to provide seamless execution of all client initiatives (One Cerner).
- Establishes trusted relationships with all levels and venues inside the client organization(s) ensures business needs are understood and Cerner’ s information technology strategies are enhancing client objectives.
- Ability to adapt consulting, communication, and presentation skills to clients as necessary.
- Manages benefit targets to ensure value for the organization is realized.
- Ensures baselines are established within a project. Periodically reviews project’ s impact and defined measurable benefits are communicated to the client and within Cerner to contribute to “ best practices”.
- Serves as the main escalation point for Cerner project and engagement issues Works in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures.
- Understands personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of role.
- Follows Cerner policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Team Development
- Project Plan
- Billable Utilization
- Engagement Profitability
- Unplanned Write-offs
- Financial Management
- Client Satisfaction and Referencability
- Future Project Bookings
- On-Time Delivery
- Scope Management
- Client benefits
- Establish trusted relationships with all levels in client organization
- Contributions to Engagement Leader Community
- US-based ELs, ensure clients reach full potential on ARRA Meaningful Use and are aligned on all regulatory requirements