920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachussetts
Position: Enterprise Architect
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Long Term Contract or Contract to Hire
Duration: 6 mo+ extensions
Required: experience on software development projects. Broad experience across technology including databases, servers, applications, infrastructure, etc.
Strong plus: medical device, connected devices, embedded technology
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Enterprise Architect role focused on providing technical guidance, driving architecture /design/ development, producing key deliverables (including technical documentation), and executing design/ code reviews of the next generation of Connected Health Services Platform. This person will guide the architecture of the project, working closely with IT, business leadership, and vendor partners to align technical solutions with business needs. This person will help bridge the gap between system design, technical architecture, business processes, support, and operations and work to define, design and implement this project.
This role requires working closely with a globally distribute development team in a key technical role. In addition, this person will have a short-term focus on the design and development of a Web Based Application which integrates with Connected Health Services Platform. This individual will be a part of a growing Digital Solutions team within the Global Research and Development organization.
- Provide strategic leadership for planning, designing, and implementing an enterprise architecture strategy, and implementation approach.
- Identify system inter-dependencies and develop migration plans.
- Create and maintain architecture policies and procedures.
- Provide architectural oversight of project ensuring requirements are in alignment with IT and business architecture.
- Collaborate with developers, business stakeholders, and the vendor.
- Participate in an Architectural Review of the project
- 10-20 years of relevant work experience in Enterprise Systems Architecture and Software Development. Proven experience making direct architectural assessments and decisions.
- Knowledge of Design Controls and Quality Systems
- Ability to understand systems architecture from an entire stack /digital system standpoint
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Service Architectures and associated Design Patterns
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering including; application development tools, development languages (.net/java), integration technologies, architecture methodologies, frameworks, service oriented architecture (SOA), and design patterns.
- Strong collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills. Ability to champion an idea and lead to consensus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’ s degree (engineering, science, or technology)
- Medical Device Experience a plus