Enterprise Solutions Consultant
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, MA 02421
Position: Enterprise Solutions Consultant
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Type: Full Time Position
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a hands-on Solution Engineer, candidate will be responsible for leading technical strategy definition, being a technical advisor to IT and business, and performing technical solution research and definition. Candidate will also drive (and participate in the building of) proofs of concept, define new technical standards, create high-level designs/estimates, and present solutions to business and IT leaders. The role requires a solid understanding of a variety of technology stacks, languages, and components of systems/infrastructure. Candidates will need to be just in time learners to extend knowledge. Supports the company’ s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Technical research and consulting, architectural leadership, technical execution, coordination, communication, and mentoring duties as listed under “ Principal Responsibilities and Duties”.
- Responsible for driving the company’ s culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Technical Research and Consulting:
- Work with business/IT personnel to understand needs, document technical requirements, define/document/share technical alternatives, create high-level architecture, and make a case for the best solution.
- Perform industry research to determine what products and components can be leveraged to fill needs, determine if there are best practices to follow, define best practices and architectures that fit needs.
- Perform or lead technical solution searches, proof of concepts, and eventual selection of best solutions.
- Assist in making technology buy, integrate, and build decisions.
- Architectural Leadership
- Lead the facilitation of cross-functional IT and business teams to determine the best design of scalable and secure technical solutions to fulfill current and future needs.
- Take leadership for multiple areas, facilitate the development of architectural blueprints/technology standards/patterns.
- Participate on and co-lead an Architecture Review Board (ARB), work would include partnering with IT/business teams to create materials for ARB presentations.
- Provide vision of a technology frameworks that can be leveraged by others.
- Educate broader company on technology architectures and benefits from use of common platforms.
- Demonstrate future thinking by proposing architectures that provide flexibility for system evolution.
- Understand scalability and performance in terms of systems and infrastructure.
- Continually look for new technologies that can help fill future needs, provide more scalability and interoperability, improve speed to delivery, and avoid application/data silos. Help cultivate awareness and opportunities for new technologies.
- Document and maintain repository of IT architecture and standards.
- Technical Execution
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical architecture documents to the appropriate detail.
- Build prototype and proof of concepts to promote new technologies and patterns.
- Design and develop architectures to meet business need and aid in estimating.
- Act as technical product owner for initiatives assigned to.
- Coordination, Communication, Mentor
- Define and communicate (in ways each audience understands) architectural designs, standards, patterns.
- Coach or mentor implementation team members on architecture/design to ease knowledge transfer.
- Help implementation teams get started by defining epics and stories.
- Perform other duties as specified by supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 15+ years of experience in technical architect/hands on technical leadership roles (5+ years designing full stack software systems as an architect).
- Master’ s degree preferred in computer science or related engineering field.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Expert at full stack design.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and provides understanding to a diverse audience (developers to executives)
- Able to work on multiple projects, with multiple audiences and deadlines.
- Understanding of scalable, cloud architectures such as AWS, Azure, Puppet, Docker, Google Cloud, and experience in applying them to real world problems.
- Expertise in current programming languages such as: Java, Python, C#, C++, scripting, object-oriented.
- Proven experience working within a complex software/system environment and with integration methods.
- Experience using APIs, integration technologies to tie together multiple systems/data sources.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Mobile platform development experience a plus - iOS, Android.
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards (HL7, CCDA, FHIR) is ideal.
- Working knowledge of Agile, DevOps, and microservices based applications a plus.
- Internal Contacts: Works with technical and business personnel to complete above duties.
- External Contacts: Works with vendors, consultants, and partners to complete above duties.