Epic Access Team SME (Cadence/Prelude)
Melrose Avenue Nashville, Tennessee 37211
Position: Epic Access Team SME (Cadence/Prelude)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Responsible for driving the company culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participate with on-site presentations, implementation meetings, sales meetings and trade shows
- Providing sales support and delivery of Epic demos
- Support the PB and Access team leads and build teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to resolve queries and complex issues related to product enhancements, product road map
- Audit practice workflows to insure compliance with applicable billing and coding requirements
- Act as the voice of the customer and communicate between users and application teams in user centered design
- Continually refine internal reporting needs for users and lead the reporting efforts to establish national benchmarks for practice performance
- Lead project managers and trainers during complex PM installs and customer work sessions
- Perform practice assessments. Define workflow, training, enhancements and fixes needed to optimize revenue for practices
- Maintain knowledge of coding requirements in the Nephrology, VA, and Dialysis specialties
- Participate internally regarding product and service lines.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors of Science degree in medical or allied health
- Professional licensure in a medical or allied health area of study (e.g., nursing, radiology, laboratory, physical therapy, pharmacy) required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Epic Certification and advanced work experience; Epic Prelude/Cadence and associated applications preferred
- Multiple EMR systems knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, etc.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications
- Experience working with revenue cycle systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
- Minimum of three (3) years recent practice management experience required. Formal or experience-based knowledge of education and information technology analysis, design, implementation and support preferred.