Epic Beaker - Analyst Team Lead
149 Grove Street Watertown, MA 02472
Position: Epic Beaker Analyst
Location: Watertown, MA
Must Haves: Epic Beaker Certification, 5+ yrs experience, team lead experience
Interview: Must be able to interview on-site
- Directly manage a team of analysts responsible for the implementation, training, and support of the Epic Beaker application
- Seeking a strong Epic Beaker Analyst with 5+yrs experience.
- Manage application specific work plans at the resource and task level
- Ensure the quality of implementation and support for the applications meets organizational standards
- Be responsible for managing increasingly complex individual projects or work streams within the defined scope of the overall project
- Configure, build, test, and support the Epic implementation and optimization at the Hospital and independent physician offices
- Design processes with representatives from clinical or financial operations to ensure technology supports business processes
- Help build and support financial work queues within Epic
- Independently manage your work to complete tasks based on clearly defined project milestones and support requirements
- Identify and escalate any issues/problems/delays that may adversely impact the project
- Achieve in depth knowledge of respective Epic application and stay current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Coordinates all department preparations to support the adoption and implementation of software applications, systems reporting, and related software interfaces.
- Acts as a liaison with all areas of the hospital using software application.
- Conducts regular meetings with analyst and hospital staff to determine future system enhancements.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, including analysis, design, programming, standards, procedures, and user guides.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Active certification in Epic Beaker
- Minimum 5 years of Epic Beaker experience
- Capable of supervising all aspects of day-to-day operations and support
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Solid understanding of hospital and outpatient environments as well as operations
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects with a proven record of producing quality deliverables and completing projects on time using basic and intermediate project management tools and techniques
- Able to identify complex problems, their probable causes, their impact to operations, escalate to appropriate leadership, recommend an optimal course of action, and independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to complete resolution
- Ability understand and explain complex technical concepts in terms understandable to end-users
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to workflow design, issue escalation, and other projects that support business needs
- Assure work assignments for team are completed in accordance with an established project timeline
- Strong written communication skills, including project documentation and technical writing
- Strong verbal communication skills while interacting with team members, end users and other departments throughout the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial and enthusiastic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Should additional certification be required, ability to obtain Epic certification in required applications within 3 months of training and willingness to travel to Verona, Wisconsin for training on dates specified by the hospital