Epic Bridges Interface Developer
410 Blackwell St Durham, NC 27701
Position: Epic Bridges Interface Developer
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 2 years +
As a member of the Technical Team supporting the implementation of the EPIC electronic health record program, the Interface Analyst supports or leads in the design, development and implementation of information systems throughout the health care enterprise to provide business solutions to customers which will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their service delivery.
- Perform investigation of interface-related business and system requirements identified during the analysis phase.
- Communicate with the other team members to ensure that application functionality and workflow requirements and needs are being addressed and met.
- Serve as the point person for assigned interfaces with following responsibilities: Coordinate analysis calls, Maintain business requirements documentation, Determine impact to interface, document configuration and build changes needed, Escalate issues or roadblocks encountered during analysis, Perform configuration / build changes, Coordinate or assist in all testing/validation of the interface, Assist with troubleshooting during integrated testing and validation
- Develop interface specifications.
- Work with project manager to maintain a detailed issues list to be reviewed periodically with vendor (Epic and legacy system vendors) and various teams.
- Run error code frequency reports for multiple Epic interfaces; investigate and analyze the errors, cause of failure.
- Participate in resolving the failed messages and resubmit the messages before signoff.- Create mapping documents for HL7 fields and sub-fields by collecting Epic system values and values for the other systems to serve as a central reference for doing mapping among the various systems.
- Research tasks to find answers to assist in analysis/design.
- Other interface related activities as defined by the project manager/director.
- Participate in On-Call Support Rotation for all interface technologies.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or relevant field and/or equivalent years of experience
- At least 4 years of experience in the development and implementation (including project leadership) of online and batch applications.
- At least 5 years of experience with data analysis, design and implementation, including experience working with end users to gather and interpret requirements.
- At least 3 years of programming and design experience. In-depth knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and unit testing.
- Other Preferred Experiences: HL7, X12, XML, JCAPS Interface Technology, Rhapsody Interface Technology, Open Link Interface Technology, E-Gate Interface Technology, Epic Bridges Certified
- Experience in a high level programming language required
- Ability to attend training and complete certification as assigned. This will require out of state travel to the Epic training facility.
- Experience with EPIC systems and/or EMR systems a plus.
- Epic Bridges Certification