Epic Cogito Project Manager / Reporting Delivery Product Manager
1550 W McEwen Dr Franklin, TN 37067
Job Title: Epic Cogito Project Manager/Reporting Delivery Product Manager
Location: Franklin, TN
Type: Contract - this position will hopefully convert to full time eventually.
Duration: 12 months
Local: Strongly prefer
The Cogito project manager (CPM) is responsible for the overall success of analytics and for coordinating analytics tasks across all applications. They spend most of their time on project management and technical strategy. This position will dually be titled as the delivery product manager for Epic Reporting and Analytics with the responsibility to executive the strategic direction for the following Epic tools: (Caboodle, Clarity, Slicer Dicer, Predictive Analytics, Self-service tools such as Universes, Radar Dashboards and Workbench Reports, Healthy Planet Registries). This position will report to the Strategic Product Manager over regulatory, reporting and analytics. Executes plans and roadmap curated by the Strategic Product Manager of Reporting.
- Overseeing and coordinating the work of Cogito business analysts (CBAs), Business Intelligence Developers (BIDs), and Cogito Principal Trainer
- “ Run-the-Business” and Product Delivery Management: Measure, monitor and manage overall quality delivery by the Cogito Reporting Team; implement Best Practices and governance strategies to optimize performance, resolve issues, and drive continuous improvement; serves as a point of escalation to managers and staff when issues arise
- Tightly integrates with the other application delivery product managers to ensure roadmaps and release delivery are in lockstep
- Tightly integrates with the project director to ensure the implementation team responsible for each organization “ go live” has the reporting support needed
- Setting overall build, security, and data segregation strategies
- Member of the product governance committee
- Establishing and enforcing processes, including request, triage, prioritization, testing, publishing, and validating data requests
- Facilitating application and Cogito team communication to close gaps
- Coordinating with training team to ensure end-user comfort and happiness with data and tools
- Maintaining the centralized report inventory and request tracker
- Identifying and managing the scope of the reporting implementation
- Driving the analytics implementation to meet organizational goals and initiatives
- Create a successful plan yearly to ensure we meet connect accreditation and gold stars
- Measuring ongoing success of analytics after go-live and making necessary adjustments
- Monitoring Cogito team productivity and performance
- Reviews Nova notes for quarterly Epic upgrades
- Work with other stakeholders across the organization to understand how to integrate data from third party platforms
- Work with stakeholders to implement predictive models
- Reviewing upgrade documentation related to analytics tools and content and determining how to implement, disseminate, and train the changes
- Deciding which reporting tools to use as new data needs arise, including but not limited to: Clarityreports; business intelligence tools (universes, cubes); CogitoCaboodle; Extract Framework: Metric Framework/Benchmarking; Radar; Registry Framework and data marts; Reporting Workbench; SlicerDicer; Healthy Planet; Third party data integration
- Project management and process leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with reporting and database terminology
- Technical grasp of data lineage and modeling
- Understanding of both clinical and financial data models and workflows
- Actively seeks to understand first and then be understood mindset to drive collaboration across the communities the Data and Analytics Platform teams serve.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems, Informatics, Information Technology, or Sciences, Health Information Management, health care related field (or equivalent job experience plus 8+ years of experience in Health Information Technology can be substituted in lieu of degree).
- Project management or SDLC (such as Agile) methodology certifications a bonus.
- 5+ years of progressive healthcare industry experience preferably in a ambulatory or hospital setting
- 3+ years of experience with project management and leading teams
- Experience with Epic clinical reporting. At least 2 years of experience designing, building, testing and supporting Epic Reporting Workbench/Operational reports for the clinical and/or revenue applications/end users.
- Experience in reporting within various Epic modules, including Epic Ambulatory, Central, HIM, Cadence, and Prelude.
- Experience with the following is required: Reporting Workbench and Radar.
- Experience with the following is required: Cogito Tools Administration, Clarity, Caboodle Data Models and SlicerDicer.
- Experience with the following is a plus: HealthyPlanet and cognitive computing platforms (such as python).
- Knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Universes/ WebIntelligence Reports highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS a plus.
Epic certification in the following are required or strongly preferred
- Cogito Fundamentals (required)
- Cogito Project Manager (required)
- Cogito Tools Administration
- Caboodle Development
- Clarity Data Model (of any type)
- Up to 50% travel with expenses
- Must travel one week per month (Mon AM-Thurs PM) to Nashville office.Typically the first week of the month.
- May require travel to customer sites in addition when the need arises.