282 Washington St.
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Epic, Healthcare IT, IT Business and Systems Analysis
Job Number: 18837
Position: Epic HIM Analyst
Location: Hartford, CT – Hybrid Onsite (Must be from NY, CT or MA)
Job Type: Direct Hire
This role supports our client's HIM Systems. Specific duties include the following:
- Responsible for managing increasingly complex individual projects or work streams within the defined scope of the overall project
- Configure, build, test, and support the Epic build and optimization for our client and specialty practices
- Design processes with representatives from clinical or financial operations to ensure technology supports business processes
- Help build and support financial workqueues, charge routing, and the facility structure within Epic
- Independently manage your work to complete tasks based on clearly defined project milestones and support requirements
- Identify and escalate any issues/problems/delays that may adversely impact the project
- Achieve in depth knowledge of respective Epic application and stay current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Coordinates all department preparations to support the adoption and implementation of software applications, systems reporting, and related software interfaces
- Conducts regular meetings with hospital staff to determine future system enhancements
- Prepares and maintains documentation, including analysis, design, programming, standards, procedures, and user guides
- Our client promotes a fun, collaborative, "One Team" environment and this position offers a hybrid work model with remote and on-site work.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, applications and interfaces. Demonstrates proficiency in all skills required to facilitate complex application and systems enhancements or replacements.
- Analyzes and resolves complex system integration problems. Creates pre- and post-project benchmarking metrics. Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the company’s business functions. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating detailed documentation, including system design documentation, procedures, process and data flows, RFPs, project plans, and recommendations for system enhancements and replacements. Communicates effectively with clients, colleagues, developers, and organizational administration. Provides estimates for moderate to complex work efforts. Demonstrates comprehensive degree of analytical skills. Supports multiple concurrent projects, educates and coaches other team members, and manages client expectations. Manages tasks, resources, and project plans for team assignments.
- A Senior Systems Analyst is a senior contributor with similar responsibilities as the Systems Analyst, but with a greater degree of complexity. A Senior Systems Analyst may be involved in some leadership activities and also:
- Analyzes and defines systems information requirements and objectives for application and systems enhancements or replacements.
- Employs comprehensive analytical skills to define system information requirements and objectives for system, application, and interface maintenance or enhancement requests and communicate to clients and programmer/ build staff.
- Prepares written documentation of the need for application changes or replacements and coordinates staff and manages multiple projects or large tasks for their implementation
- Prepares written documentation in support of systems enhancements and replacements.
- Identifies and works collaboratively to resolve interface issues between different vendor systems.
- Develops, implements, documents and validates comprehensive test plans of relevant application components and related interfaces.
- Devises and conducts pre- and post-project benchmarking metrics for moderate to complex projects.
- Participates in the system selection process, including needs assessment, RFP and vendor selection.
- May be required to travel to/from and work in the various client locations, including patient care areas.
- May be required to travel for mandatory certifications.
- May be required to represent IT and/or present to various Hospital Clinical and/or Operations Committees
- Web-based technologies, processes, and analytics
- Employing software quality assurance and testing concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Employ software quality assurance and testing concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store company information.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related Health Care field, or equivalent demonstrated work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Four to seven years relevant experience within a healthcare environment highly desired or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and capability.
- Two to five years IT Analyst experience highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc).
- Knowledge of project development life cycle methodologies desired.
- A demonstrated knowledge of cross application/system workflow and data relationships is required.
Licenses and Certifications
- For Epic applications teams, at least one relevant Epic certification is required as outlined in the Epic certification policy
- Additional Epic certifications may be required (Chronicles, SQL, etc) in order to support higher complexity projects or issues.
- For non-Epic applications, a relevant certification is desired, if available
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.