Epic Inpatient PM
San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Inpatient PM
Job Location: TX
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: Inpatient implementation project management exp, certification required.
The Inpatient Project Manager will oversee coordination & implementation of the Epic project team within the Inpatient Systems Service Line. The individual in this role will supervise Epic Application Analysts and provide project management, support and research to key members of the organization. They will work to define, plan, execute, monitor, manage and transition related implementation projects & initiatives, per schedule and within budget. The Inpatient Project Manager must be comfortable performing a wide range of tasks, and working with a diverse user community.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the scope, schedule, and quality of the project in a specific application area or specialized team.
- Working closely with the Project Director and other Project Managers to coordinate project tasks & timelines.
- Ensuring that the business community & key stakeholders are engaged in the project.
- Managing the activities of the application coordinators in their respective areas.
- Reviewing the progress of the project on an ongoing basis with the Epic implementation Director & Leadership Team.
- Reinforcing the importance of the project, together with the executives and the project director, and providing consistent & ongoing communication to the project team.
- Providing perspective on common challenges and strategies for success.
- Organizing resources, building rapport, and obtaining buy-in within the organization.
- Bachelor' s Degree required
- Project Management experience required; Project Management certification (PMP) preferred
- Knowledge/exposure to Electronic Medical Records required; including knowledge of Epic EMR
- Three (3) years experience in healthcare setting required;
- Experience in specified area(s) required
- Epic certification in many of these areas preferred
- Experience converting from Allscripts Sunrise to Epic preferred