Epic Interface / Data Conversion Specialist (2 Openings)
Position: Epic Data Conversation Specialist
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 2 years+
Interview: Phone & In Person
Position: Epic Data Conversion Specialist
The Data Conversion Specialist will join this exciting project to implement Epic software in a unique Epic implementation. The Data Conversion Specialist is responsible for doing analysis to determine which data needs to be converted into Epic, and using various tools to complete data conversions. Responsibilities include performing activities such as data cleansing and data transfer. This person will be responsible for extracting, formatting, and loading relevant clinical data from the existing EHR databases as well as setting up and maintaining conversion interface.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes and documents scope of work for data conversion projects.
• Uses all available vendor- based software applications and tools to complete data processing and conversion jobs in a timely and accurate manner.
• Coordinates the conversion of clinical, administrative and financial data.
• Responsible for converting data from multiple data sources including text files, ODBC and non-ODBC compliant data base files. Other data sources may include proprietary formats, MS Excel and MS Access.
• Works with business owners on verifying that data is converted correctly.
• Provide assistance to Interface Developers and other team members on Data Conversion tasks as necessary. Encourage, assist, and foster development of co-workers skills and proficiency.
• Identifies issues and takes the proper actions to resolve them.
• Responsible for running validation processes to ensure conversion accuracy.
• Assumes responsibility for conversion related support calls from all business owners.
• Documents and describes process and procedures relating to current and future systems environments.
• Participates in coordinating the transition from implementation to production and application support.
• 5 years of experience working on data conversion projects.
• Epic data conversion experience required.
• Epic Bridges Certification Required
• Experience with Epic Bridges, including altering interfaces in Bridges, monitoring interface errors and meeting with clinical staff to determine interface specifications. Experience with Epic Chronicles a plus but not required.
• Must have experience with all conversions related to an Ambulatory Epic implementation. Specifically: Resolute, Cadence, EpicCare Ambulatory
• Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of products to review converted data with business owners and analysts to answer questions.
• Experience with implementation of application software packages/custom applications.
• Knowledge of industry formats such as HL7, CCDs and XML.
*Care Everywhere experience a bonus.
*Experience with a commercial ETL tool a plus