EMR Applications Analyst (3 openings)
149 Grove Street Boston, Massachusetts 02472
Position: EMR Applications Analyst
Location: Watertown, MA
Duration: Direct Hire Full-time
Must Haves: Epic experience preferred. ASAP, ClinDoc or Optime certification preferred, not required.
Interview: Phone followed by in-person. Must be able to interview on site.
This position will report to the appropriate Application Manager or Lead.
In this position you will:
· Configure, build, test, and support the Epic implementation
· Design processes with representatives from clinical or financial operations to ensure technology supports business processes
· Independently manage your work to complete tasks based on clearly defined project milestones
· Identify and escalate any issues/problems/delays that may adversely impact the project
· Achieve in depth knowledge of respective Epic application and stay current with new application functionality and enhancements
· Coordinates all department preparations to support the adoption and implementation of software applications, systems reporting, and related software interfaces
· Acts as a liaison with all areas of the hospital using software application
· Conducts regular meetings with hospital staff to determine future system enhancements
· Prepares and maintains documentation, including analysis, design, programming, standards, procedures, and user guides
· Bachelor’ s degree
· At least 1-2 years of information systems experience, preferably in healthcare and with Epic (or relevant operational experience)
· Ability understand and explain complex technical concepts in terms understandable to end-users
· Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to workflow design, issue escalation, and other projects that support business needs
· Strong written communication skills, including project documentation and technical writing Strong verbal communication skills while interacting with team members, end users and other departments throughout the organization
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial and enthusiastic
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to obtain Epic certification in required applications within 3 months of training and willingness to travel to Verona, Wisconsin for training on dates specified
· Personal transportation for local travel, possibly some occasional out-of-town travel in addition to the training commitment above, and a valid Massachusetts driver' s license
· Participate in on-call coverage as assigned
· Physical demands include ability to sit more than six hours per day.
· Ability to communicate via telephone, orally, and hear conversation more than 50% of the time.
· Upper extremity demands include ability to perform data entry with repetitive hand movement, and visual concentration at video display terminal, to review and enter data.