Epic Project Manager (Testing)
1550 W McEwen Dr Nashville, TN 37067
Position: Epic Testing Coordinator
Location: Franklin, TN
Duration: 12 months - candidates must be open to conversion to full-time
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This individual is responsible for the overall success of testing and for communicating to project managers and leadership informed about the testing progress. This individual will be overseeing all phases of the Epic project testing lifecycle (Ambulatory, Rev Cycle, and Integration).
Responsibilities include planning, managing and monitoring all test activities for software release(s) from project initiation through production deployment; oversee the exit/entrance criteria and signoffs which demonstrate adherence to process and quality assurance; work with cross functional application teams to manage and execute testing; lead the creation of test plans and test scripts; manage test execution and the identification of defects, issues and concerns encountered during testing. Coordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of iterative releases; collaborates with clients/users and senior staff as required to define the testing strategy to be employed for development projects; utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives; and ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues. Accountability for driving defect resolution during testing, creating and presenting testing status to all levels of management and taking responsibility for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
This role will handle a variety of recurring and non-recurring or special assignments, coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions, stay abreast of current product developments and trends in testing, communicates
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Workflow Coordination & Completion
- Current State System Workflows - Create a baseline inventory of IT System current state workflows for all applications impacted by the new EMR and assist in maintaining inventory.
- Operational EMR Workflow Approval Support - Coordinate, track and initiate IT revisions and IT approval of operational workflows
- Future State EMR Operational Workflows - Maintain inventory and status of future state IT System workflows that support operational workflows
- Future State IT System Workflows - Track status of completion of all remaining future state IT system workflows (not covered by operational workflows) for applications and systems for the new hospital
Functional, Integration and UAT Testing Strategy
- Phased Overall Test Strategy - Assist with defining a phased testing strategy in collaboration with IT teams to achieve key testing goals, scope and deliverables for each test phase
- Test Script Inventory - Work with teams to ensure all test scripts are identified, documented and tracked for each testing phase. Align test scripts with operational and system workflows
- Test Phase Requirements - Develop IT system test plans for end-user validation and " dress rehearsal" events. Working with operational and transition teams to define the scope, requirements, responsibilities, and schedule for testing workflows
- Testing Schedule Planning - Document and maintain testing schedule, manage completion of testing tasks against the test schedule
- Testing Execution - Plan and coordinate execution of scheduled test phases and activities.
- Issue Tracking – Develop, execute, and maintain an issue tracking system for all phases of testing. Escalate testing defects, problems and issues to the Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical discipline or 5-7 years minimum previous experience with software testing required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Healthcare IT background required, specifically in Epic implementation and upgrade testing coordinator roles
- 3-5 years of experience of ability to provide the solution when faced with testing problem preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with test tools preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with test process and lifecycle management preferred
- Ability to guide and advise less experienced business systems analysis personnel. Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology processes and documentation
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Familiarity with an EMR and/or Epic application testing processes is highly preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Motivation – Self-motivated, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills: Ability to organize work in order to meet weekly schedule of activities, ability to track, prioritize and handle multiple activities with a high degree of interruption
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail: Is thorough and ensures that responses to queries and problems are complete and accurate
- Collaborative: Establishes good working relationships with application teams and colleagues
- Shares knowledge; is approachable for help.