1295 Boylston St
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Epic, Project/Program Management
Job Number: 18779
Position: Senior Epic Project Manager
Location: Boston, MA - Hybrid Onsite
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
- Demonstrates expertise in business or technology domain alongside comprehensive knowledge of and expertise in project management methodology, tools and practices.
- Exhibits advanced skills in collaborative facilitation and coordination of teams and customers on complex projects.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in project planning and management, budgeting, consensus building, and issues resolution.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in reviewing and creating detailed documentation and reports relevant to the management and implementation of the client's project management cycle.
- Communicates effectively with clients, colleagues, vendors and organizational administration.
- Supervises and motivates large numbers of project team members, negotiates with vendors, and coaches and mentors project management staff.
- Manages 15 to 26 project staff members.
- Leads and manages large complex projects or a series of projects with significant risks.
- Works with Executive Sponsors and Program Managers to define project scopes, resolve critical issues, establish and monitor appropriate project budgets, and ensure adherence to organizational and project management practices, standards and policies.
- Collaborates with HR and IT Resource Managers to identify and select project personnel; communicates the project vision and individual roles to team members; and manages resources, vendors, and all relevant parties.
- Monitors project progress, resolves associated issues and mitigates risks, and ensures that stakeholders remain informed and actively involved in the project’s timely completion.
- Tracks aggregate resource hours and expenses for project portfolio; implements project budgetary controls when necessary; and monitors compliance at portfolio level.
- Monitors the aggregate project budget and reconciles shortages and overages in individual budgets.
- Negotiates contracts and manages vendor relationships relative to project portfolio.
- Directs the creation and dissemination of project reports/metrics.
- Manages, coaches and mentors team members.
- Promotes the use of Project Management Best Practices throughout and recommends improvements and modifications in tools and techniques.
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store client information.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
- PMP certified.
- Additional certification in Epic will be a bonus
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Over 10 years of solid experience as project manager in medium to large complex projects with increasing responsibilities.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.