Epic Resolute Professional Billing Lead
149 Grove Street Watertown, MA 02472
Position: Epic Resolute Professional Billing Lead
Location: Watertown, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
Must Haves: PB Resolute Certification, 5+ yrs experience, healthcare preferred.
Interview: Must be able to interview on-site
Our client has implemented Epic, a patient-centered health information system, across their organization and partner outpatient practices. This project supports our client’ s efforts to integrate clinical and financial records across multiple care settings. They have adopted a full suite of Epic modules, so they need people with diverse skill sets and backgrounds from all healthcare fields. Your skills and talent on this team will help our client continue their commitment to care with compassion.
We are seeking an Epic Resolute Professional Billing Lead. This position will report to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
- Directly manage a team of analysts responsible for the implementation, training, and support of the Epic Professional Billing application
- Manage application specific work plans at the resource and task level
- Ensure the quality of implementation and support for the applications meets organizational standards
- Be responsible for managing increasingly complex individual projects or work streams within the defined scope of the overall project
- Configure, build, test, and support the Epic implementation and optimization at Mt Auburn Hospital and independent physician offices
- Design processes with representatives from clinical or financial operations to ensure technology supports business processes
- Help build and support financial work queues within Epic
- Independently manage your work to complete tasks based on clearly defined project milestones and support requirements
- Identify and escalate any issues/problems/delays that may adversely impact the project
- Achieve in depth knowledge of respective Epic application and stay current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Coordinates all department preparations to support the adoption and implementation of software applications, systems reporting, and related software interfaces.
- Acts as a liaison with all areas of the hospital using software application.
- Conducts regular meetings with analyst and hospital staff to determine future system enhancements.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, including analysis, design, programming, standards, procedures, and user guides.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Active certification in PB Resolute
- Minimum 5 years of information systems experience, preferably in healthcare and with Epic (or relevant operational experience)
- Capable of supervising all aspects of day-to-day operations and support
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Solid understanding of hospital and outpatient environments as well as operations
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects with a proven record of producing quality deliverables and completing projects on time using basic and intermediate project management tools and techniques
- Able to identify complex problems, their probable causes, their impact to operations, escalate to appropriate leadership, recommend an optimal course of action, and independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to complete resolution
- Ability understand and explain complex technical concepts in terms understandable to end-users
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to workflow design, issue escalation, and other projects that support business needs
- Assure work assignments for team are completed in accordance with an established project timeline
- Strong written communication skills, including project documentation and technical writing
- Strong verbal communication skills while interacting with team members, end users and other departments throughout the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial and enthusiastic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Should additional certification be required, ability to obtain Epic certification in required applications within 3 months of training and willingness to travel to Verona, Wisconsin for training
- Personal transportation for local travel, possibly some occasional out-of-town travel in addition to the training commitment above, and a valid Massachusetts driver' s license
- Participate in on-call coverage as assigned