Epic Security Analyst II
67 Millbrook St Worcester, MA 01606
Performs professional duties involving the selection or development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance and efficient utilization of applications software to meet clients’ needs for assigned tasks or standard projects, or assigned aspects major clinical and business information systems projects.
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years experience.
Must be able to work off hours and participate in on-call rotation.
Current Epic certification(s) or ability to achieve based on EPIC Project Commitment.
- Reviews assigned portions of business or clinical operations and identify clients’ information systems needs. Defines processes, problems and requirements. Performs cost/benefit analyses.
- Performs assignments for the design and analysis of clinical and business information systems to meet client’ s needs. Develops detailed specifications which define the functional and reporting requirements of necessary information systems. Assists in studies of the impact of major systems conversions.
- Apprises clients of practical implications of information systems changes, ensuring that the client is informed of available alternatives and their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Recommends, or assists in the determination of, the appropriate means for the delivery of necessary applications software, whether through the selection and implementation of available products or through the development or modification of custom applications software.
- Develops and modifies custom applications software. Writes programs/code using a variety of programming languages to meet defined information systems specifications. Designs screen layouts.
- Installs standard applications software products in clients’ personal computers and host networked computers. Tests installed programs to ensure proper performance at clients’ site.
- Performs systems tests, debugs software, and ensures that test requirements are met.
- Produces documentation of programs, systems and tests, users manuals and instructions.
- Provides on-going and follow-up support to clients for assigned projects, and serves as a liaison between clients, vendors and other I.S. staff to ensure relevant client needs are met.
- Provides individual coaching and other training to foster clients’ self sufficiency and optimize system utilization. Participates with I.S. Training staff for the delivery of courses and workshops. Provides guidance and training to less experienced members of I.S. staff.
- Assists in the development of project plans. Adheres to timeliness, reports project performance problems.
- Assists in selection of standard available applications software. Evaluates and tests relevant products.
- Maintains a knowledge of current products, systems development and programming techniques, and related information systems technology.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.