Epic Security Analyst
Melrose Avenue Nashville, Tennessee 37211
Position: Epic Security Analyst
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
The security analyst works with application analysts assigned to the security workgroup, understands Epic' s security infrastructure, and provisions security for users.
- The Security Analyst will serve as technical resource to the team by leading and assisting with process development, analysis, testing, implementation, and support of information systems; including reporting, interfaces with ancillary systems, and data analytics.
- Will be participating in planning, developing, training, implementation, and evaluation of Epic applications and connected systems to support ongoing operations and ensure development, evaluation, and timely support.
- Problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure.
Other duties include
- Provisioning application security levels and roles, establishing ownership of each particular security class, coordinating security template and role updates, and establishing a security change control process.
- Will coordinate security-related activity across physical (buildings, grounds), infrastructure (network, servers, operating system) and application (Epic or non-Epic) teams.
- Work with application and compliance teams to design system-level access.
- Create user records and map them to templates built by application coordinators/analysts.
- Create appropriate shared security classifications which do not have specific application ownership.
- Create and maintain procedures to activate, deactivate, and update user records.
- Must understand the Epic software security structures, including user profiles, roles, and security classes.
- Current Epic Security Coordinator certification required.
- Provider Administration experience (SER) and intermediate knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, and more.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one' s time.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; 2+ year’ s Epic EMR implementation, credentialed training and/or support experience.