Epic Sr. HIM and Data Integrity Lead
784 Inverness Ave Nashville, Tennessee 37204
Positiion: Epic Sr. HIM and Data Integrity Lead
Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 6 months to start
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As the Sr HIM and Data Integrity Specialist, this role will be responsible for ensuring appropriate access and privacy to health information is maintained for a number of internal and external customers. Performing workflow analysis for customer operational duties such as MPI maintenance, cleanup, and record sharing, and general office HIM duties. This role will work regularly with clinic customers or support operations personnel, providers, patients, and the general public to insure excellent customer service.
As the Lead, this position will demonstrate expert knowledge of Epic HIM and Identify implementation experience along with outpatient practice operations knowledge to drive strategic HIM and record sharing product decisions, accounting for national privacy and patient compliance laws.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Experience with Epic Ambulatory-suite settings, required
- Experience in implementing, operating, or developing patient compliance and data integrity policies
- Serves as HIM/Release of Information development liaison and supports the product team in developing a roadmap for the applications, functions, and products
- Establishes HIM business domain knowledge to the team and represent the customer’ s needs
- Support the customer HIM departments to ensure compliance and complete and accurate medical records
- Responsible for all HIM activities related to Release of Information, Data Integrity, etc.
- Generate, interpret and analyze trends and display/disseminate information in order to support decisions and effect improvements in quality, productivity, compliance daily activities
Serve as a subject matter expert on HIM processing
- Monitor Epic work queues
- Experience with the Identity management in Epic (tracking provider and clinic ID numbers in third party systems), preferred
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Certified in Epic Identity, required
- Experience in Epic Chart Correction Tools and various utilities
- Experience with EpicCare Ambulatory Release of Information
- Extensive Data Integrity experience
- RHIT or RHIA certification preferred
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook