Experience Design Director
27 Congress Street Boston, MA 03801
Position Title: Experience Design Director
Job Location: Boston, MA or Portsmouth, NH
Interview Expectations: Phone & In-person
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets: 8+ yrs experience in UX design, prior experience leading the project but also has the ability to be hands on, agency experience preferred but not required. Must have a detailed portfolio.
You are creative, passionate about design and dedicated to making the complicated feel simple. You have been or are ready to lead others through this process by expertly facilitating collaborative design sessions, planning and leading varied project plans and leading clients and teammates toward delivering beautiful digital design solutions. You are innovative, curious and experimental and always thinking about the human on the other end of your designs. You are passionate about accessibility, efficiency, and the best possible user experience and if you also love to add color, typography, and interactions to your creations, all the better.
If this sounds like you, maybe you are our client’ s next Experience Design Director. We are seeking a talented, passionate and multifaceted designer who has impressive visual design skills and is excited to take on new challenges and grow professionally. And, of course, our perfect match is looking for a new, enthusiastic relationship with an energetic agency.
This is a full-time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly growing company, competitive salary and great benefits. We will only look at candidates who can commute to the client’ s office in Boston, MA or Portsmouth, NH.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading, managing, or providing senior experience design leadership on large and/or highly complex client engagements while ensuring profitable and high- quality output
- Leading or collaborating with visual experience designers, content strategists, developers and clients throughout a project lifecycle
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior management level of clients and clearly presenting your rationale to those people
- Acting in a long-term account directorship role to a set of primary clients
- Planning and expertly facilitating collaborative design workshops with clients
- Selecting and utilizing appropriate UX methodologies for a project such as, but not limited to, heuristic evaluations, content/IA analysis, user research tactics, collaborative workshops and user testing options
- Providing mentorship and coaching to other team members in area of expertise.
- Contributing to process improvement and idea generation within a business practice area
- Demonstrating mastery of a given subject area by interpreting trends, identifying opportunities for the company, and collaborating with a wide cross section of internal employees on best practices
- Participating in discourse of professional community for their area of expertise
Experience and Skills
- 8+ years relevant experience user experience design roles
- In-depth understanding of current trends in experience design, including research-inspired design, lean approaches, responsive processes, etc.
- Expert understanding of experience design best practices and principles such as, but not limited to, accessibility, performance and usability considerations
- Familiarity with designing within a rapid iterative process, including various ways to prototype ideas for client approval
- Ability to explain and articulate the connection from research to design decisions through storytelling and effective client presentations
- Interest in and ability to smoothly facilitate client meetings and collaborative working sessions.
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate, able to effectively manage both yours and other’ s time alongside project deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen understanding of how to work in a professional services environment that focuses on providing value for clients