1295 Boylston St Boston, MA 02215
Position: Experience Designer
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
Must Haves: 10+ yrs experience, transactional system experience. Designing for usability. Wireframing is a must have
Interview: Must be available to interview on-site
Our client is looking for an information architect / experience designer to create world-class digital experiences for our platforms, applications, and portfolio startup companies and projects. This role will be responsible for information architecture, visual design, and experience design.
Information Architecture, User Interface, and Experience Design
- Analyze end-user and system requirements needs, motivations and behaviors, then translate them into engaging experiences; studying how clinical and consumer users access content/tools, including data categorization and labeling.
- Plan information architecture through analysis of the strategy, solution objectives, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design.
- Prepare interaction models including the design of information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluate information representation; conduct review meetings.
- Create wireframes, journey maps, workflows, storyboards, clickable prototypes, and other visual storytelling assets using Axure, Invision, Sketch, whiteboard, pencil and paper.
- Work within a cross functional team of strategists, healthcare SMEs, product and project managers, and application developers.
- Lead group design sessions with cross-functional groups including resources within the organization, the larger hospital, and on portfolio company teams.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in creating application interfaces for websites and mobile solutions.
- Strong visuals skills to create forward-thinking visual design and interfaces for web and mobile solutions.
- Experience working on Agile/SCRUM teams.
- Detail-oriented, with proven experience working across teams to drive projects to completion, on schedule and on strategy.
- Experience with data visualization and navigation structures for large, complex data sets.
- Communicative, flexible and comfortable, both taking the initiative to lead and acting as copilot.
- Comfortable leading a design session from the front of a room or over the phone.