Experienced Java Developer
Position: Experienced Java Developer
Location: Holyoke, MA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5-6 months to start
The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate information both verbally and written, in a clear, concise manner in English. Candidates must also have demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others while being able to complete tasks independently.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- (Desired) Application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBOSS EAP 6.x; UNIX operating system, services and commands; Java 11; Spring Framework; Agile Methodology
Skills and Attributes
- Experience with JAX RS, JAXB, JMS, Spring MVC, Bootstrap
- Experience with software development best practices (e.g. test-driven development, ORM, object, code profiling, debugging)
The consultant will actively participate on the team responsible for support of all external/internal web related software and applications. In this role, the consultant will be required to:
- Perform software changes in JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL and JEE Technologies
- Make changes in related software specifications
- Assist with the development of test conditions and scenarios
- Candidate will be required to work at the directed facilities, and/or remotely depending on guidance (e.g. work from home because of Covid-19).
- Candidate will be required to work the normal working hours of contracted development team (8: 00 – 4: 30 pm PST).
- The manager or supervisor overseeing the consultant’ s work must approve any compensated overtime or requested vacation in advance.