Earl Campbell Pkwy Tyler, Texas 75701
Position: NOC Technician
Location: Tyler, TX
Type: 6 month Contract to start
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person
Required: Looking for people that have either: worked in a NOC environment OR have experience with programming such as SQL, Python, PHP, scripting.
Nice to Have: Windows 10 servers, telephony
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technicians monitor large computer networks and servers for problems from a central location. They analyze problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system, communicate with site technicians and track problems through to resolution.
- Monitor Systems - NOC Engineers monitor the performance and capacity of computer systems using a variety of tools. They look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, NOC Engineers work to determine the cause of the problem.
- Troubleshoot Problems - When a problem impacts the IT services, the NOC Engineer works to triage or troubleshoot the problem, if possible. NOCs generally have standard operating procedures that the NOC Engineer will closely follow. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors, customer contacts, or other IT teams.
- Track all Issues - While responding to incidents, the NOC Engineer must carefully track and document all issues and resolutions in detail. This increases the knowledge base of the NOC and is a record of the health of the system. Often, the NOC has a ticketing system that the NOC Engineer is responsible for updating.
- Report Incidents - When problems are too large or complex for quick troubleshooting, NOC Engineers must escalate the issue to management, other IT resources or 3rd party vendors for assistance in reaching a resolution. NOC Engineers maintain ongoing communication within the team and externally, to keep all stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being taken.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Server hardware experience with Windows 10, Cisco UCS, HP, and Dell blade systems
- Experience working in a large environments
- Previous customer service or helpdesk experience