Field Support Tech - Plano, Texas
2201 W Plano Pkwy Plano, Texas 75075
Position: Field Support Tech - Plano, Texas
Job Location: Plano, Texas
The main function of the Field Support Technician role is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical Field Support Tech is responsible for assisting users and resolving computer problems for clients in person.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing at the users desk site.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employee’ s desktops/laptops.
- Associate' s degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.