Field Support Technician (Plano, TX)
2201 W Plano Pkwy Plano, Texas 75075
Position Title: Field Support Technician – Plano, TX
Job Location: Plano, Texas
Interview Expectations: Interviews will take place with the manager in Irving, TX
Local Candidate: Unspecified
The main function of the Field Support Technician role is to provide technical assistance to computer system users.
A typical Field Support Tech is responsible for assisting users and resolving computer problems for clients in person.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing at the user’ s desk site.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation. Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, and VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employee’ s desktops/laptops.
- Associate' s degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.