1109 Medical Center Drive
Category: IT Support
Job Number: 20766
Position: Field Support Technician
Location: Augusta, GA and surrounding area
Job Type: Contract or contract-to-hire
Duration: 6+ months
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under general supervision, provides day-to-day IT technical support for hardware and software, to customers within the assigned support group and administrative offices, while following all regulatory and Division Operating Group/company policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
- Responsible for providing post-Help Desk support to field locations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Onsite and remote installation and configuration of all IT hardware and perform on-site preventive maintenance, according to established company guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain appropriate equipment inventory.
- Coordinate IT repairs with approved third party vendors.
- Provide support to customers on a variety of IT issues by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Utilize current ticket system to document work efforts and ensure timely resolution of all issues.
- Follow appropriate policy and procedure to configure the desktop environment for all field equipment.
- Assist users with backing up computer data on network file shares or external media.
- Troubleshoot mobile devices and IOS devices.
- Support facility infrastructure and network hardware cabling.
- Provide on-site support and troubleshooting of network equipment – router, switch and firewalls.
- Detect and remediate viruses and malware on IT hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to facilities, billing groups and corporate meetings is required and could be a maximum of 50% of the work week (annually averaged).
- The work environment is characteristic of an office with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May lift or carry objects and materials weighing 50 pounds.
- Providing on-site facility support involves working in medical conditions that require safety and personal protective equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma required
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience including networking & IT support.
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Adhere to company policies for Infection Control.
- Must possess problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently, and have self-initiative.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical users in an understandable and concise format.
- Effective and cooperative team member.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.