25 Howard Avenue
Category: Accounting/Finance, Government
Job Number: 20713
Position: Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Cranston, RI – Remote or hybrid (onsite preferred)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Our client is recruiting to hire temporary support in its Administration and Finance areas. The focus of the position is to work with Financial Management and Program Leads to build standardized Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for all accounts managed by the department. These tools will need to capture budgets, actuals, and forecasting across multiple different budget and reporting periods.
- Analyzes current financial information, federal grant rules, and cost allocation federal regulations to make recommendations on how to best capture and monitor expenditures, plans, activities and operations that may impact budget status.
- Coordinates with Finance and Program staff to develop forecast models.
- Develop dashboards that roll more detailed, individual spreadsheets into higher level reporting tool to leadership.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel analytical and building skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- 3+ years’ experience in Financial roles involving budgeting, posting to accounts, closings, and analysis
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships resulting in outcomes
- Interpersonal & Behavioral Competencies
- Developing and monitoring work and work processes
- Assessment and problem solving
- Analytical skills: reviewing data, what it means and what can be done to change the outcomes
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Communications (verbal, written, presentation, materials, unique approaches)
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.