Full Stack Developer
One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Full Stack Developer
Job Location: New Haven
Duration: 12 months plus extensions
Interview: Phone/Skype for first round, but In Person is required for 2nd round.
Local: Non-local candidates are welcome, but must be able to interview in person!
Must Haves: Must have front and back end development experience!
Full Stack Developer will collaborate with the UI/UX team, business customers, and other ITS areas to analyze, design, develop, test, and document superior interactive experiences that will help drive will help drive customer satisfaction and ultimately, transform our customer’ s experience.
- Design overall architecture of the web applications.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Knowledge on Multi page Vs. Singular page application architecture.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Understanding of server-side languages including (such-as Jade, EJS, Jinja).
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN).
- Developing back end website applications.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Should have knowledge of load testing.
- Should be familiar with Task Runners, Build Tools, Process Automation Tools.
- Should be comfortable with Modules, Dependency Managers & Package Managers.
- Should be aware of Templating Strategies and Templating Engines.
- Should be familiar with WebSockets.
- Able to integrate with Content Management Systems (aka CMS).
- Should be comfortable with data formats such as JSON, XML.
- Designing and developing APIs- RESTful Services.
- Should be familiar with WebSphere Application Server.
- Should be familiar with MQ Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, NOSQL Oracle and MongoDB, Apache Cassandra.
- Understanding of SOLR.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or demonstrated work experience.
Experience: 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of educations and experience.