Healthcare BI Solutions Lead
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 01810
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Lead the design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions. Engage with business teams, product teams and other ITG teams to define end-to-end solutions.
- Understand business drivers, including value/reasons for the solutions, options, dependencies and constraints. Includes leading the business and technical analysis for the solution, and includes ownership of requirements
- Lead the technical design of the solution, including leadership based on experience and engaging architects and other experts
- Understand the BI Solution business metrics for success and deliver business value quickly
- Lead the delivery of the solution including development, integration testing, performance testing, quality assurance, user acceptance and deployment.
- Provide project management where needed, or successfully engage with assigned project manager(s)
Establish appropriate level of support to ensure project success. Lead and mentor team members. Follow approved life cycle methodologies, with a focus on improving the agility of solution delivery.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. This position reports to the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Responsible for driving culture through values and customer service standards
- Develop strategic partnerships. Accountable for outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILIITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead Solution definition and design. Leads and confers with business sponsors, analysts and other technical teams to understand the problem being solved, options, dependencies, and constraints.
- Facilitate and lead the requirements definition, including analysis needed. Ensure that requirements documentation is accurate and complete
- Create conceptual Solution Design Diagram
- Provide leadership within the team to improve the agility / nimbleness of solution delivery
- Lead the technical design of the solution. Facilitate and lead the discussions on technical options. Engage with ITG outside resources in early project reviews as design options are identified, and in on-going design reviews as detailed specs are written.
- Responsible for the quality of BI Solution delivery
- Lead and direct the development team, including integration and performance tests
- Lead delivery of the solution through quality assurance, user acceptance tests and production deployment
- Manage projects or in larger solutions work closely with the Project Managers
- Ensure early performance tests to validate the design decisions
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have MS in Computer/Health Information Systems and/or MBA with concentration in Information Technology, or a BS in a related field and significant development and managerial experience.
EXPERIENCE AND RELATED SKILLS
- 10+ years overall Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse experiences, including minimum 3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Must have some Healthcare experience
- Deep competency in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse methodologies, data warehouse design and software development lifecycle. Experience and certification in agile development methods strongly preferred.
- Expertise in BI tools such as Business Objects, LogiXML, Microsoft BI and/or RDBMS including SQL Server, Oracle and Exadata. Technical certifications in one or more of these tools strongly preferred.
- Business process knowledge in multiple business process area desired, especially around healthcare vertical.
- Experiences with at least 3 large full life cycle BI projects
- Experience with interacting directly with the business stakeholders and users to present project status, address architectural topics, and participate in resolution of project risks and issues.
- Experience assessing impact of change requests against resources requirements, time constraints, version and release control and functionality.
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Ability to prioritize/ self managing
- Strong written and oral communications
- Ability to identify alternative approaches/solutions to risks and issues
- Knowledge of reporting, data analysis and forecasting algorithms
- Knowledge of UX Discipline, Visual Design Principles and Standards
- Ability to produce working prototype to demonstrate Solution Design
- Exposure to environments with continuous integration, automated testing and agile software development a plus
- Computer Science degree. Masters degree a plus