Help Desk Specialist
675 Main Street Middletown, Connecticut 06457
Help Desk Specialist - Temp
The Service Desk Analyst role oversees all 1st & 2nd level support needs of the agency’ s desktops, laptops, mobile devices, network, telecommunications systems and all Microsoft based software. Responsible for managing the IT Service Desk’ s ticketing systems including escalation, prioritization and dispatching of staff for resolution and ongoing maintenance. Ensures adherence to service level agreements and KPI metrics and standards.
The candidate will also oversee the computer imaging and deployment process by managing the ordering, configuration, setup, and tracking of required devices, licenses, supplies, and software to ensure within the agreed upon time frames with management.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning in relation to on and off boarding requirements to support the agency growth and meet service level agreements within timeframes specified.
- Assist in the development of short-long term strategies for enhancing the Service Desktop operations and processes including the tools and software to support the growth of the agency
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conducts research on products in support of equipment procurement and deployment efforts. Evaluates and recommends products for purchase to improve service delivery and reliability.
- Orders technical specifications for purchasing of PCs, laptops, desktop hardware and related products.
- Perform on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT Hardware/Software problems, and recommend, document and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Train and mentor IT Service Desk staff on best practice and technology management
- Supervises the building and updating of IT device images and related software updates across IT areas by working in coordination with Infrastructure, Security and Application teams in testing and validating builds prior to deployment.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user equipment and related hardware and software in order to maintain or exceed required service levels.
- Collaborate with Security, Infrastructure and Applications teams to ensure efficient operation of the company’ s computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding IT issues or problems in a timely manner
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring service desk and equipment performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring Desktop/ laptop devices.
- Maintain and track inventory of all equipment
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- When necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Maintain service levels agreements. Meet regularly with on-site managers to review performance to service levels agreed upon.
- Organize, track tasks and coordinate the service activities on a daily basis
- Order and receive equipment and maintain inventory stock for repairs and maintenance
- Maintain ticketing system to accurately reflect status of IT tickets, to improve service, efficiency, and reduce costs
- Perform other duties as assigned