Help Desk Support
40 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Help Desk Support
Location: Greater Boston Area
Duration: Contract to Hire
Interview: Phone and In Person Required
Required: Associates Degree
The main function of the Help Desk Technical Support role is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical Technical Support representative is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity. May install software or perform hardware testing remotely.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors. Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees, both local and remote, with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services. Troubleshoot software issues on employees desktops/laptops.
- 0-2 years experience required.
- A Associates Degree is Required
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.