IT Change and Release Manager
900 Chelmsford St, Lowell, Massachusetts 01851
Complete ownership of the IT Release and Change Management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordination and execution of releases across the IT enterprise.
The IT Change and Release Manager will own the end to end release and change management process for all of IT, including, but not limited to Business Applications, Network and infrastructure. In addition, the IT Change and Release Manager will manage all non production environments. This includes planning, communicating, coordinating and executing non production refreshes in conjunction with the IT PMO and all applicable IT Service teams. A successful IT Change and Release Manager will balance tactical execution with strategic process reengineering. The IT Change and Release Manager must continually evaluate change and release processes, ensuring that all teams adhere to the process and evolving change and release tools and processes to align with organization, business and corporate goals. Working closely with Project teams, Service teams, IT management and key business stakeholders, the IT Change and Release Manager will play a key role in balancing the need for IT to move quickly, efficiently and iteratively while confirming to established control points.
- Responsible for the overall operational effectiveness and quality of the IT Release Management process.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the release management process to increase effectiveness and organizational conformance.
- Ensures that the release management process is appropriately linked to the systems development life cycle, with touch points ensuring seamless delivery of code and configuration work to higher environments.
- Ensure that the required training is both available and utilized by the process team members.
- Maintains and regularly promotes the IT Release Management process and procedures documentation.
- Establishes and/or maintains metrics/reporting regarding release content and effectiveness.
- Creates, publishes, communicates, and maintains, the IT release calendar.
- Responsible for environment and instance management strategy and expansion activity to ensure the release management process adapts to changing environment landscapes.
- Collaborates with project and support teams to ensure early identification of release candidates and environment needs.
- Develops and maintains tools and processes to provide transparency into the release process.
- Ensures that release candidate functionality delivers appropriate artifacts that promote business awareness and production supportability, prior to production release.
- Works collaboratively with project and testing teams to ensure and schedule release event support, including regression testing, troubleshooting and remediation activities.
- Works with project teams to resolve release content issues, timing challenges, and related candidate inclusion challenges.
- Raise program / project issues to program / project managers transparently and effectively using recommended approaches.
- Minimum 3 years Release Management experience within an ERP environment
- IT Service Management (ITSM) and/or IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications nice to have
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent
- Capacity to work in a non-structured environment and help in building structure into IT processes
- Ability to manage by influence within and across various IT disciplines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective oral and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills. Good organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office/Excel
- Good group presentation skills. including experience and interest in delivering training. Highly self-motivated and directed.