IT Security Engineer
County Hwy-3 Melville, NY 11747
Position: IT Security Engineer
Location: Melville, NY
Manager: Vincent Venezia
Safeguard the organization' s computer networks and systems by planning and carrying out security measures which monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from unauthorized access and cyber-attacks.
- Validates applicable information security design considerations are appropriately included in all new and existing computing environments.
- Builds, configures and maintains all information security technologies.
- Configures and troubleshoots security infrastructure devices.
- Develops and documents application/system specific security hardening guidelines.
- Reviews and validates that network infrastructure and endpoint device configurations comply with the latest industry standards and framework (i.e. HITRUST, NIST, HIPAA and PCI-DSS).
- Provides Level 3 support for the IT Security technologies.
- Recommends security enhancements and upgrades to network, infrastructure and application environments.
- Engineers, implements and monitors security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identifies and defines system security requirements.
- Proposes computer security architectures and develops detailed information security designs and controls.
- Designs, implements and supports security tools and services to enforce and maintain information confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’ s Science Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or Technical Security certification or degree (e.g. CISM, CISSP, CNA etc.), required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in an Information Services role.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools, required.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols, preferred.
- Hands-on Engineering experience with more than one of the following security technologies: Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Content Filtering, Two-Factor Authentication, Email and Endpoint Encryption, Email and Endpoint Protection, Network Access Control, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention, Netflow Monitoring, SIEM Solutions, DDoS, Active Directory / ADFS / Single Sign-On, Public Key Infrastructure / Certificate Services, required