IT Security Threat Analyst
585 Lebanon St Greater Boston Area, Massachussetts 02176
Position: IT Security Threat Analyst
Location: Greater Boston Area
Interviews: Phone and in-person
Type: Direct Hire
Reporting to the Director of Security Operations, the IT Security Threat Analyst will work in the Threat and Vulnerability Management program.
This role requires experience in threat identification and modeling, kill chain analysis, exploit development and execution, network/application/data/infrastructure architecture, threat intelligence processing, technical vulnerability analysis and modern technology used to automate these functions. This role provides proactive consulting to our Engineering team, advising on threats and vulnerabilities from the top of the technology stack to the bottom, and oversees our ongoing efforts to identify and mitigate threats through scanning, pen testing, and patching and other remediation work.
The Analyst will work closely with all members of the Information Services management team, the CISO, and CIO as part of their ongoing role. The Analyst will be expected to provide regular updates on the threat and vulnerability management program, as well as present reports demonstrating Wellforce’ s current vulnerability state. The Analyst will drive the use of the ‘ attackers perspective’ when bringing issues to the forefront while understanding compliance and other obligations to the system. The Lead Analysis is a good communicator and able to effectively convey technical points in non-technical summaries. This role is equipped with the tools and support necessary to perform the role to a high degree of quality.
Ideal candidates have previous experiencing hacking software, infrastructure and networks in offensive and defensive settings. Candidates with prior experience in target reconnaissance exploit development and delivery, vulnerability identification and exploitation, and other kill chain elements are good fits. Those skills combined with practical knowledge in establishing routine scanning and patching/mitigation activities are a major plus. The ability to provide feedback on mitigation via automation and other novel approaches is highly desirable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an enterprise wide threat and vulnerability management program for Wellforce and its partners.
- Design, develop and execute a vulnerability identification and prioritization guideline.
- Design, develop, and execute a patch and mitigation procedure for all identified vulnerabilities.
- Implement the use of subscription based and OSINT intelligence services into the vulnerability management program.
- Drive automation wherever possible into the program.
- Advise incident response and operations teams in threat and vulnerability management practices to incorporate into their operations.
- Work closely with Director of Security Operations to integrate TV data into all aspects of the information security program.
- Develop a vulnerability prioritization method and incorporate its use across security practices.
- Oversee the execution of threat and vulnerability assessments of 3rd party’ s and vendors.
- Establish and oversee the execution of threat and vulnerability assessments of new software, hardware, and other items entering the Wellforce ecosystem.
- Design and implement respective processes into the enterprise GRC program.
- Establish relationships with critical 3rd parties or affiliated organizations (Tufts U., major vendors) to assess and augment Wellforce programs to address gaps or opportunities.
- Understand and ensure Wellforce programs are in compliance with (HIPAA security standards, MA 201 CMR 17.00, FISMA/FIPS with regard to federally-sponsored contracts, etc) and hospital policies for protecting individually identifiable health information that is transmitted or stored electronically.
- Develop and maintain security documentation as required for outside regulatory agencies (Joint Commission, Office of Civil Rights, Federal contracting agencies and officers, etc).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of, and expertise in, the administration and management of the WF information security, compliance, HR, and other policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness into security incident investigations to stay abreast of issues impacting our organization.
- Monitor industry trends for emerging risks and information needs
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Sciences or related field required. Microsoft technologies (MCSA, MCSE) certificate is plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in Security experience: offensive and defensive hacking, kill chain analysis, vulnerability assessments / programs, mitigation programs, penetration testing, and similar experiences;
- Nice to Have: Experience and/or strong knowledge of the mission at an academic medical center or equivalent organization;
- Nice to Have: Knowledge of healthcare-related regulations;
- Excellent communications and presentation skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering training content;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology, systems and architecture.