IT Senior Contract Manager
Providence, Rhode Island
Title: IT Senior Contract Manager
Location: Providence, RI
Duration: 1 year
Interview: Phone/In Person required
Required: Looking for someone with an IT background that has experience doing IT contracts. Specifically they should have worked on application projects that are hosted solutions in the cloud and application implementations (not purely infrastructure projects).
SECTION 1: Background and Purpose
Looking for an IT Sourcing & Contract Manager (CM).
- The Contract Manager will develop/manage RFPs and/or deliver Contracts of IT specific Sourcing Projects for the category: IT Project Development / Application Maintenance / SaaS services.
He / She will work onsite alongside Vendor Managers to ensure the Sourcing Projects follow sourcing cycle and are delivered as per the Purchasing guideline.
- Further, he/she will have primary responsibility for all commercial aspects of IT procurement and will be responsible for the management of given portfolio for IT, reporting to the Chief of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management.
- The responsibilities associated with this position includes reviewing IT Third Party spend across all given Agencies and perform the end to end strategic sourcing analysis from developing sourcing strategy, analyzing spend and suppliers, to fact-based negotiation and contract execution.
- This position will work directly with Senior IT Leaders and/or IT Agency Managers to understand their upcoming Sourcing demand and establish detailed RFP specifications and award criteria in order to determine and execute an appropriate procurement strategy. Effective communication, reporting and stakeholder coordination are essential delivery elements to ensure client satisfaction, team member satisfaction and financial success.
- Vendors may submit up to two (2) candidates for this position. A separate candidate template and quote must be provided for each candidate submitted. Each candidate will be evaluated individually.
SECTION 2: Scope of Work and Deliverables
Contract Management Responsibilities:
- Ability to determine contractual/financial exposure/ negotiate contracts.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models - traditional and emerging contract/vendor performance models.
- Deep market knowledge of the category of IT vendor for which the contract manager is responsible. (Application Development, Application Maintenance and Support both in SaaS /PaaS based offering, IT Consulting)
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts, as well as a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organization in crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT contract negotiation tactics and strategies.
- Ability to structure bids, evaluate bids against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for vendor selection.
- Where applicable, understanding of government and industry regulations that will influence contracting approach and vendor behavior (for example, SOC, SECURITY).
- Strong ability to communicate with IT users, legal and procurement staff, and business leaders to craft contracts that align complex needs with contractual requirements to achieve business outcomes.
- Customer-focused approach to delivering contract management services to internal customers
Specific Requirements / Activities / Tasks
The Contract Manager will
- Review and tailor RFP templates to given Sourcing Engagement
- This includes
- SLA Templates and Cost Proposal Templates
- Develop and tailor SOW templates to given Sourcing Engagement
The Contract Manager will
- Manage few strategic vendors both during RFP Process & Contract Negotiation’ s.
- manage RFP evaluations, facilitating technical and cost-proposal reviews
IT Staff Augmentation Services
- Bring expertise to source IT Staff through local labor markets at the right price point (Understanding of local hourly labor rates)
SECTION 3: Experience and Skills
Minimum Required Experience:
Vendors should submit candidates who meet the minimum requirements outlined below:
- Bachelor’ s degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years IT related professional experience
- 7-8 years’ experience in Indirect Sourcing categories required (Project Application Development, SaaS based Solution Implementations, Consulting)
- Understanding various aspects of
- Proven negotiation and contracting skills, Project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively adapt to new scenarios and changes
- Ability to think strategically and an excellent communication
- Knowledge of Procurement Processes and Tools
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Application Development, Maintenance,
- Ability to deliver RFPs
- Ability to craft Contract - Statement of Work Terms and Conditions with key provisions such as SLA.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Engage various stakeholders such as Audit, Legal, & Purchasing to deliver Contracts in a timely manner
- Strong communications skills including the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with the IT, Legal and Purchasing Stakeholders and vendors.
- Excellent Contract Writing and Statement of Work Writing skills.
- Flexible team player with strong organizational skills with ability to establish and achieve goals and meet aggressive timelines.
- Ability to develop, interpret, and manage accountability of vendor to contract requirements and the RFP.
- Supplier agreements: knowledge of legal terminology and language related to supplier agreements (MSA, SOW, SLA)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly translate IT Business and Project Requirements in to favorable Contract Terms & conditions