IT Support Specialist
1550 W McEwen Dr Franklin, Tennessee 37067
Position: IT Support Specialist
Job Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Provides ongoing technical support and maintenance to end users, acting as a single point of contact for evaluating and resolving desktop, telephone, and other various technical issues. Installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintains, and upgrades all equipment to ensure optimal workplace performance. Troubleshoots problem areas in person, by telephone, or remotely, in a timely and accurate fashion, according to established company guidelines and standard operating procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a single point of contact for end users requiring technical support and maintenance.
- Technical support includes but is not limited to maintenance and repair of all desktops/computers, printers, telephones, network operations, and mobile devices.
- Works closely with Lead IT Support Specialist to provide technical support according to established company guidelines and standard operating procedures, escalating issues as deemed necessary.
- Assists Lead IT Support Specialist and VP IT in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop, hardware, and software needs.
- Conducts research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluates and provides input and/or assists in evaluating purchase options.
- Writes technical specifications for supporting of PCs, desktop hardware, and related products.
- Performs on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end users.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements corrective solutions.
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Configures new hardware, software, and peripherals to work efficiently on a network environment.
- Collaborates with level 3 support groups to ensure efficient operation of the company’ s desktop computing environment.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop or other systems problems.
- Routinely responds to changes in business operations that require the moving, adding, and changing of computer related equipment and accessories.
- Ensures that physical desktop connections are in proper working order at all times.
- Develops and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, and other components and equipment.
- Accurately documents instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Travels to necessary work sites for installation, new site set up, or remodel to ensure proper placement of equipment.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- May assist IT Business Analyst with understanding business and technical requirements as well as new business and technical processes for pharmacy services IT projects.
- May assist with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase for RxKey upgrades.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the pharmacy services systems to help prioritize and streamline processes.
- Contributes to systems improvement and anticipates future direction changes, providing input/ideas for future sub-projects.
- Uses established methodologies and documented procedures to perform various assigned tasks.
- Maintains applicable industry knowledge.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.