Implementation Project Director
San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Implementation Project Director
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: Exp as an Epic PD, Ambulatory, Inpatient, Rev Cycle, and Ancillary systems. Epic Certification.
The Implementation Project Director will ensure operational readiness for an on-time, on-budget implementation of Epic and the integrated 3rd party applications. The director has overall responsibility for the scope, project plan/timeline, budget, internal and external communications, resources, training, quality, and sustaining support of the Epic implementation. This includes managing all operational aspects of the implementation and ongoing optimization.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer sciences, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master' s degree in related field preferred.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent experience.
- Epic certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in IT and business with demonstrated experience leading diverse project teams and managing complex and risky projects.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more project management methodologies and across a range of project types.
- Experience with a multi-facility Epic implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, practices, and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Project Management Planning Tools such as Microsoft Project or other tool with evidence of practical application.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments. Effective problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Prior experience in Epic Project Director role for at least one full life cycle implementation, including Ambulatory, Inpatient, Rev Cycle, and Ancillary systems.