8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Position: Instructional Designer
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska
This position will develop, implement and evaluate complex training content to ensure organizational readiness for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. Will also champion and enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; Training and Development
- Develop and/or create software simulations, videos, job aids, e-learning modules a range of alternatives to instructor-led training using Adobe Creative Suite and Captivate tools.
- Coordinates complex training plans and programs for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives within an agile project environment.
- Develops and conducts training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development.
- Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends more complex training modifications as necessary.
- Serves as a trusted training resource and ensures training materials, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and organizational readiness of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Project Management
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address more complex training gaps to optimize organizational performance.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor’ s Degree (Degree in Training Development or Instructional Design preferred) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 3-5 years’ training, instructional design, adult learning, and/or performance experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Functional knowledge aligned with area of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to interact with general partners and other leaders of the firm
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and advanced project management skills
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Group Protection products and concepts, practices and procedures used in the industry highly desired
- Skilled in the use of e-learning tools
- Demonstrated experience in virtual training methods including WebEx and video software preferred
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 20%
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate training needs using various communication methods such as computer based, interactive e-learning, traditional classroom etc.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with proven ability to balance multiple projects and schedules in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Knowledge of curriculum development principles.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.