Java SW Engineer - Integration
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: Java SW Engineer - Integration
Location: Greater Boston area
Duration: 6 months to start
Remote: open to 1-2 days remote
Interview: Phone/In Person Required
Required: expert in Java Springboot development of APIs.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Designs and writes software technical specifications, writes software code, performs unit testing, and supports business solutions of varying degrees throughout the project life cycle. This includes creating design documents, tracking and resolving issues, and updating design documentation in compliance with department policies. .
- Updates management of evolving Java development technologies including design patterns and software coding and architecture methods.
- Supports and confers with business analysts and other technical teams to determine the best technical solution to meet requirements.
- Applies the most current Java technologies to solve technical problems to ensure system and application performance is optimized.
- Documents all operational, system, and support requirements to ensure adherence to Corporate Information Systems standards.
- Identifies and troubleshoots software problems, investigated potential causes and implements solution(s). Prepares programming specifications, analyze code, test and debug programs and applications systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 years Java programming experience, 8 years of overall IT experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related engineering field.
- Sun Certified Programmer – or equivalent work experience
- Strong implementation on Backend technologies - Spring 4/5.x, Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring REST, Spring JDBC, Spring DAO, Spring AOP, Spring Security etc
- Thorough understanding and implementation of Microservices Architecture - Spring Boot etc
- SOA Focus: Proficiency in Integration related technologies - Apache Camel, Spring Integration, SOA, ESB, JBoss Fuse
- Workflow Focus: JBoss BRMS/BPMS, Spring Batch
- A huge plus to have Container relevant development experience - IPAAS on technologies like Fabric8, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Understanding on the complete life cycle of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Good to have experience on Cloud technologies like Amazon AWS, Cloud Foundry, SalesForce Health Cloud
- Database related Technologies - Proficient in writing SQL/PLSQL, Functions, Triggers, Procedure in RDBMS like Oracle/MSSQL. Good to have hands-on on NOSQL DB' s like MongoDB would be a plus.
- Proficiency in trouble shooting applications using monitoring/health check tools like AppInternals, App Dynamics etc
- MacOS/Linux/Unix OS
- TDD - Mockito, Spring Testing, Test NG etc
- Agile/Devops methodologies is a huge plus
- Additionally good to have experience on Caching, XML/XSL/XSLT, Data Virtualization, OAuth, Open ID, SAML, IOT.