Junior Business Analyst
2 New York Ave Melville, New York 11747
Position: Junior BSA
Location: Melville, NY
Must be able to work onsite!
As Business Analyst of IT Systems you will support and enhance the Information Technology service line systems and initiatives. You will do this by identifying project objectives, designs, conversions, testing and implementations of project plans. You will also acts as liaison between business/clinical customers, vendors and Information Technology teams.
- Supports and enhances IT service line systems and initiatives through identification of project objectives (discovery), design, conversion, testing and implementation of project plans.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the service line departmental operations and understands the application inventory including purpose, business owner, vendor and high level functionality.
- Interacts with business/clinical customers to understand needs and assist in collecting, documenting and analyzing business requirements. Documents and communicates clearly and timely with customers on project status and issues.
- Meets with customers and vendors to define and resolve issues.
- Ensures processes and systems are compliant with Health System policies, applicable laws and regulatory changes. Brings potential impact on service line operations to manager' s attention.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure a review and tracking process exists throughout the project life-cycle.
- Leads efforts to discuss and document process workflow with the customer.
- Reports on and documents outcomes, project benefits and improved processes. Recommends process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare Administration or related field, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years IT administration or technical experience, required. Thorough knowledge of IT functions, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required. Visio experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of project management principles and process, preferred. Knowledge of Project management tools (MS Project), preferred.