Junior/Mid-Level Full Stack Developer
2005 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
Position: Junior/Mid-Level Full Stack Developer
Location: Philadelphia PA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. S/he will participate in development of innovative complex business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process in an Agile environment, occasionally Adaptive/Waterfall. May work in a POD or in a smaller group focused on POCs, pilot projects, etc.
- Develops new web-based applications and implements significant enhancements to existing applications focused on web services and user interfaces.
- Conducts design and architecture reviews, gap analysis and assessment.
- Leads feature and technology POCs while partnering with Enterprise Architects, Application Architects and other IT resources.
- Uses tools with expertise such as Git and Gitlab, XL Deploy, Artifactory, along with AWS components to drive operations and collaboration.
- Conducts code walkthroughs within Agile POD or smaller team
- Provides effort estimates as part of continual planning, affinity estimation within the POD, etc.
- Actively participates in Agile ceremonies related to assigned POD(s) including Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives.
- Supports scheduled and emergency releases of application code by being available as needed and/or joining conference calls during the release, providing guidance and/or immediate code changes to resolve production issues.
- Partners with Performance Management to identify and triage negative impacts to the overall performance of the production environment.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Actively participates in Application Architect and Development Guild to share knowledge, define standards, propose new innovative ideas, and develop POCs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
- Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
- 4 Year/Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience (6+ solid years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 5 – 7+ years’ experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 2+ years’ experience developing UI using Angular or similar tool required
- Other required technical experience: WAS, WLS, Tomcat, SQL Developer, Hibernate, DevOps
- Experienced with microservice design and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Experienced in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Certification preferred.
- Experienced writing Docker files and deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experienced in writing automated Unit Tests using Mockito, Junit, and Jasmine.
- Familiar with asset model design, template development, and application integration in Oracle WebCenter Sites 12c or other Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experienced in utilizing performance management and application profiling tools, such as AppDynamics to monitor and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Well-versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Experienced in using static security scan (e.g. Fortify) and dependency-check tools.
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experienced with working within a fully-dedicated agile team.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps.
- Agile Mindset: awareness/understanding of Agile methodologies
- Nice to have: JBoss, NoSQL, Caching Framework, Maven