One Sullivan Road
| Fully Remote
Category: IT Infrastructure, Other
Job Number: 19406
Position: Kubernetes Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 11 months
Our client seeks an experienced Kubernetes Engineer responsible for all aspects of administration, architectural design, and ongoing maintenance of Kubernetes clusters at scale.
- Individuals should be comfortable working in a team environment and excel in collaborative problem-solving.
- This position requires the candidate to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- The ideal candidate will be well organized and capable of managing a busy work schedule with numerous demands on their time.
- Code Kubernetes infrastructure deployments and updates with Ansible or Terraform
- Monitor Kubernetes cluster services performance and take appropriate actions (e.g., tune)
- Perform Kubernetes cluster upgrades and ensure the quality of fixes and enhancements
- Deploy and retire Kubernetes clusters by following organizational policy and procedure
- Assist IT departments in analyzing and resolving cluster and Kubernetes service problems
- Troubleshoot operational issues and assist with root-cause analyses
- Engage with policy and procedure, change management, and service desk processes during daily activities
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure
- Assist with product evaluations, architectural reviews, and solution development for new capabilities
- Candidate' s experience should include a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Systems, a similar engineering field, or equivalent experience is required
- Must have experience with automation solutions such as Ansible Core and Terraform
- Must have sold Layer 4 and 7 networking experience, including Ingress and Load Balancer implementations
- Must have excellent time management and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently or with little supervision
- Must be able to multitask and work on many emerging priority items simultaneously
- Must have experience with command line and command line tools
- Should have a solid understanding of coding and scripting (Bash, Python)
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.