| Fully Remote
Job Number: 12220
Position: Lead Splunk Engineer
Location: Greater Boston, MA - Hybrid or Remote
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 10 Months to start
- The candidate will support multi organizations within the company in delivering solutions for data-driven challenges that enable the company to better support development activities, troubleshoot operational issues, and rapidly detect and respond to cyber security events.
- This position requires interacting with customers. The candidate will be required to engage on tasks independently, document and communicate work efforts and provide technical support.
- The position will be responsible for maintaining and tuning the signatures, interfaces, and technical processes to ensure logging and security tools are operational and meet the requirements of IT and Cyber Security.
- Candidate Requirements – Lead Splunk Engineer
- The individual must have a solid understanding of various infrastructure technologies such as network, Unix, and Windows Server configuration, storage and data center monitoring that log aggregation must support.
The candidate shall be able to:
- Support an enterprise deployment of Splunk that spans multiple security zones and data centers
- Design and document logging infrastructure to meet best practices
- Collaborate in architecture discussions and promote logging as a standard across the organization
- Work independently without daily direct supervision
- Ensure all daily checklists and work instructions are completed accurately and on time
Education / Experience / Licenses
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Cyber Security or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years supporting enterprise Splunk deployments
- 2+ years working on an enterprise IT team
- Professional Licenses / Certifications (One or more, or demonstrated experience)
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
- Knowledge of:
- Splunk Configuration and Design for Enterprise Scale Deployments
- Data analysis and reporting techniques
- Unix server configuration
- Windows server configuration
- Network fundamentals such as IP networking configuration
Skills & Attributes
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and visual
- Self-starter and attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement and desire to document work
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Delivery Lead