238 Littleton Road Westford, Massachusetts 01886
Position Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Westford, MA & remote
Interview Expectations: phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Strong DevOps experience & AWS cloud experience.
The ideal candidate has a broad technology skill set with a strong foundation in UNIX and Linux operating systems and experience with DevOps and virtualization technologies. We are looking for people who are committed to teamwork and customer service, want very much to do what' s right for their customers and their businesses, and have an unwavering focus on making things better.
Key functions of this position include:
- Applying your technical experience to a variety of projects involving one or more technologies, primarily in the UNIX and Linux space
- Opportunities to work with Kubernetes/containers, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins, and other related DevOps tools, networking, AWS, Azure and other on-prem and cloud technologies
- Recommend strategic client projects to improve resiliency, efficiency and/or availability
- Opportunities to work with UNIX, Linux, storage, networking, AWS, O365 and other on-prem and cloud technologies
- Experience with Apple Mac systems is a plus, but not required
- Provide front line on-site and remote support as required
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies, industry developments and current events
- Engage with customers to identify and evaluate technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Design, configure, troubleshoot and maintain cloud and on-premise technologies
- Perform security, performance and availability assessments
- Diagnose and resolve user-reported problems
- Other duties as required and appropriate
- Ability and willingness to travel to Client locations on a daily basis - mostly Boston/MetroWest (see note on this below)
- Ability and willingness to periodically lift and carry objects and equipment of no more than twenty pounds
- A background check will be required
- We' re sensitive to the time you spend working, and also to the time you spend traveling. We strive to assign our people to clients that are close to them, but it' s not always perfect. However, we also recommend our consultants do things like work from home in the morning to avoid rush hour traffic, and working from home periodically is an option when it makes sense.