100 N Greene St Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Position: Mainframe Developer
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Interview: 2 step: Phone Screen and Video Webex.
Local & Non Local
- 4-6 years’ experience
- Systems analysis and design; Coding development
- Troubleshooting, testing, deployment, and documentation of annuities administration systems on an IBM zOS platform.
- This includes multiple interfaces using batch and applicable real-time middleware technologies for new and existing enterprise aware applications.
- Manages complete life cycle activity for complex or high-risk change management activity involving business mission critical applications.
- Develops and implements maintenance plans to address technical and business issues; performing maintenance and urgent problem resolution during incident management situations.
- Balances functional design and technical architecture and develops detailed specifications for complex components.
- Performs complex and urgent maintenance and problem resolution on software applications involving multiple applications, platforms, and interfaces.
- Identifies opportunities for improving application functionality and performance issues by working with customers and architecture and operations resources.
- Mentors other members of the IT team, assisting in the development of technical skills, design principles, and development methodologies
Additional Job Requirements
- This is backfill for a resource while working on the project.
- Primarily mainframe cobol, VSAM, DB2 but some distributed database experience a plus.