Manager, IT Service Manager (ITSM)
40 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Manager, IT Service Manager (ITSM)
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Direct Hire
Remote: no -primarily onsite
Interview: Phone and In Person
Required: ITIL, Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management, staff management
Purpose and Scope:
- The primary purpose of the CSI Manager role is to identify and implement process and service improvements. This role is responsible for driving the root cause analysis of high impact Incidents to minimize service interruptions and improve the IT services provided to our customers and patients. This role is also responsible for the development and analysis of trending reports to proactively prevent service interruptions and improve services.
Responsible for development and ongoing maintenance of the Continuous Service Improvement process. These responsibilities include the following:
- Analysis of data from several data sources (Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, etc.)
- Development of service and process improvement recommendations, with clear ROI benefits
- Implementation of service and process improvements by working with cross-functional and organizational teams
Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the High Business Impact Root Cause Analysis process. These responsibilities include the following:
- Scheduling and facilitating timely Root Cause Analysis discussions with cross functional team following the recovery of High Business Impact Incidents.
- Development of action plan to ensure Incident is well understood and does not reoccur.
- Implementation of action plan and closure of RCA
- Management reporting
Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the Change and Release Management processes. These responsibilities include the following:
- Scheduling and facilitating Change Coordination discussions across IT to ensure all Changes are properly documented, approved and planned.
- Release coordination, from QA to Production, across IT organizations for key programs.
- Development and maintenance of centralized Change and Release processes.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some holidays and weekends.
- Overtime may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
Responsible for the supervision of a team of CSI analysis and Release Coordinators.
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree Desirable
Experience & Required Skills
- 10 years related experience.
- 7 years supervisory management.
- Customer support experience in a large scale and diverse environment.
- Expertise with IT Service process development and maintenance, focusing on Continuous Service Improvement.
- Expertise in data and trend analysis.
- Ability to work independently to assess/analyze/provide recommendations for complex support issues.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work across organizational boundaries.