Manager, IT Service Manager (ITSM)
40 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Manager, IT Service Manager (ITSM)
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Direct Hire
Remote: no -primarily onsite
Interview: Phone and In Person
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for driving root cause identification for Incidents, to minimize service interruptions and raise service quality for our customers. Develop and perform analysis of trending reports to proactively prevent interruptions and to deliver problem solutions. Design, implement and manage Operational and Service Level agreements between Support Groups and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Establish and facilitate the creation of IT Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Ensure procedures are established, measured and followed to provide performance feedback to all IT support functions regarding their quality of service, service delivery, adherence to SLAs, and overall customer satisfaction.
• Develop and facilitate a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process leveraging problem management. Problem Management will function across IT, utilizing a matrix management structure, to address and resolve complex and reoccurring IT incidents.
• Assemble and lead cross-functional teams, under a matrix management structure, to address and resolve complex IT incidents and problems.
• Implement and manage the Incident Monitoring and Escalation Process. Ensures that appropriate escalation of all IT Support related issues.
• Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and improving Production Support for IT systems and applications. Interprets and recommends change to policies and establishes procedures that effect immediate organizations.
• Collect data and develop metrics to report on performance against future defined Service Level Agreements and targets, and analyzes deviations from the agreed service levels and suggests actions/improvements.
• Facilitate and own the creation of an IT Service Catalog for current shared service functions starting with the Production Support Services organization
• Develop Metrics to assess & improve Production Support services organization utilizing Continual Service Improvement methodologies. Metrics will be trended to show improvement or decline of service.
• Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
• Process Owner and champion for Change, Incident and Problem Management.
• Assist in the creation and improvement of Knowledge Management.
• Provide IT Service dashboards for senior IT management across the organization; these dashboards will demonstrate, through trending metrics, the quality of service that is being delivered to the business. This project will start with the Production Support Service organization and then across other IT functions.
• Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets and recommends change to policies and establishes procedures that effect immediate organizations.
• Manage labor resources to improve IT Services as required.
• Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
• Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
• Provide technical guidance.
• Ensure compliance/adherence with Sarbanes and SOX Remedy ticket escalation procedures.
• Assist in managing the support activities through the implementation of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process and procedures utilizing operational metric reporting, trending and Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
• Implement, manage, facilitate and create processes across ITIL Service lifecycle with a focus on Service Transition and Operations.
• Provide IT Service Management tool and ITIL
• Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
• 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
• Customer support (minimum of six years) in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
• Expertise with Help Desk procedures, call management systems, and call tracking tools.
• Experience creating, Key Performance Indicators (customer satisfaction ratings, quality of ticket reporting, First Call Resolve), Service Level Targets/Agreements (Application availability), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) providing clearly defined Service based availability reports.
• Experience managing to operational metrics to establish clearly defined direction of improvement. This exercise will focus at the Help/Service Desk level to start.
• Experience establishing a Continual Service Improvement process.
• Able to work independently to assess/analyze/ provide recommendations for complex support issues.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of management.
• Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach
• Highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead for short- to medium-term objectives
• Strong service attitude; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness
• Commitment to Quality Standards and continuous improvement.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced team oriented environment.
• Exceptional personal, technical, and organizational skills.