1550 W McEwen Dr Nashville, Tennessee 37067
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Waltham MA or Nashville TN
The main function of a marketing analyst is to research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. A typical marketing analyst is responsible for gathering information on competitors and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Strong ability to develop marketing and pricing strategy.
- Strong knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Bachelor' s degree in marketing or equivalent training required.
- 8-10 years related experience required.