100 College St., CL30 New Haven, CT
Location: New Haven, CT
Interview Expectations: Phone & In Person
Local Candidate: TBD
Contract to hire: No
Responsible for the deployment, maintenance and administration of data networking technologies at sites. Provide project planning, project implementation and operational support in all networking disciplines, including service provider circuit ordering and provisioning; network hardware and software maintenance; administration of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, etc.; configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols, DNS, and DHCP; and support of networking functionality for enterprise applications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement project plans to meet specific business or technology objectives, using existing technology standards and designs whenever possible.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the voice and data LAN WAN environments in order to provide maximum performance and availability for our users, clients, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to interpret and create meticulously accurate network blueprints and documentation.
- Implement network solutions to business and management initiatives.
- Support critical network initiatives as to seamlessly provide operational excellence within the global infrastructure.
- Manage operational network support, including day-to-day network changes, maintenance, enhancements and emergency response, as required.
- Maintain and support relationship with manage service providers to provide global network oversight and administration.
- Travel up to 10% for on-site operational support, network discovery or project execution.
- 2-5 plus years progressive experience in network support and engineering within an enterprise environment.
- Ability to leverage creative thinking to solve complex problems.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding discovery and documentation skills.
- Understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
- NGFW/Firewalls/VPN’ s (Palo Alto is a plus)
Intermediate-level knowledge and experience with implementation and support of the following
- Routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Nexus strongly preferred)
- Multi-protocol environments, with mutual redistribution of routing protocols
- Conceptal or better understanding of Software defined networking solutions, SD-WAN, and network overlays in the datacenter and campus enviroments.
- Authentication solutions including 802.1x/RADIUS/TACACS
- Solid experience with wireless networks and controllers(Cisco is a plus).
- Excellent cabling habits, including proper labeling.
- Infoblox DNS and DHCP expertise highly desirable.
- Willingness to learn as well as teach.
- Network and/or IT Certification (CCNA) or equivalent
- Experience with SDLC and/or other similar frameworks preferred
- BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (preferred, but not required)