100 N Greene St Greensboro or Philadelphia, North Carolina or Pennsylvania 27401
Position: Network Architect
Job Location: Greensboro, NC & Philadelphia, PA
Interview: Video Webex with HM & Team
Local & Non Local
This position will provide technical leadership, subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for their assigned area(s) of responsibility. This position will function as a technology and service leader in the architecture, design, planning, delivery of the enterprise network providing converged voice, video and data services organizations. S/he will design and deploy LAN/WAN, Internet/Extranet and remote access VPN related network involving Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ISE, Cisco Wireless, Checkpoint Firewall technologies. S/he will partner with infrastructure teams to deploy network infrastructure to remote facilities both new build and refresh in existing site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead research, proposal, design, architecture and implementation of the enterprise IP Network, Wide Area Network (WAN) and features supporting converged technologies (network, compute, storage), convergence of all voice, video and data traffic on the IP network including; TCP/IP application traffic, BGP Routing, Quality of Service (QoS), IP Multicast, Voice over IP, Video over IP and Content Delivery Network (CDN) services using Cisco, AWS, Avaya and Microsoft platforms.
- Deliver advanced knowledge to configure, install, manage, maintain and upgrade enterprise IP network, network security (ISE), data center, branch offices and key city network hardware, software, configuration and services including; Cisco, Amazon Web Services (IaaS), Symantec, Checkpoint and Microsoft. Develop and deliver “ infrastructure as code” using tools such as Puppet and AWS CloudFormation using JSON, YAML, Python programming languages.
- Deliver advanced technical support, consultation and collaboration with the enterprise network, security, cloud and unified collaboration teams including integration and dependencies with voice, video, security, compute and storage platforms including; Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, Symantec Proxy, Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP), Cisco Telepresence and Avaya Communications Manager.
- Responsible for design, implementation and troubleshooting for enterprise IP network, data center, unified communications and cloud related infrastructure, services, network connectivity, IP traffic routing and performance issues to resolution, completely and accurately documenting all work activity in the organizations problem tracking system.
- Provides deep level subject matter expertise in IP network, IP network security, wide area network, internet and cloud connectivity, design, implementation and advanced level of support and triage. Develops and delivers solution proposal, architecture overview and as-built network and cloud documentation.
- Analyzes utilizing network tools to investigate and remediate pending network issues for internal and inter-site connectivity issues working with the appropriate teams to resolve any issues that arise from the deployment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience (8+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s) in Enterprise IP Network and Network Security architecture, design and implementation as related to network technologies, solutions, services and infrastructure that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required) including the following technologies;
- Cisco IP Network and Network Security Solutions and infrastructure, BGP routing design and implementation
- Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACI, Cisco UCS, WAN / IP Addressing /SDN designs and implementations
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Identity Services Engine (ISE) solutions and infrastructure
- Symantec (Bluecoat) Forward Proxy and Checkpoint Firewall, Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Internet connectivity design, Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) technologies and solutions
- Hardware Supported in this Project: Cisco: (Nexus, Catalyst, ISE, Wireless), Checkpoint Firewalls, CradlePoint, OpenGear
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.