Network Infrastructure Engineer
440 Lincoln Street Worcester, Massachusetts 01653
Position: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Job Location: Worcester, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone & In Person
Local Candidate: Local
- The Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Corporate Data Network.
- This individual will be integrally involved with the network infrastructure, the planning and design of enterprise local-area/wide-area network (LAN/WAN) and involved in telephony solutions as well.
- Professionals serving in this role also engage in research and development, capacity planning, administering, and troubleshooting.
- Where applicable, incumbents are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of network management software and network performance.
- Professionals within the Data Network job family must exhibit an advanced level knowledge of distributed networks including software defined, related hardware and software components, telecommunications, and network and design architecture.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI and SDN is desirable. Serving in this area also requires a broad knowledge of project management, as well as architecture design and implementation methodologies.
- Individuals serve as project team members or leaders (depending on the scope and complexity of each project), and provide Tier II and Tier III level support for data issues directed from the Help Desk.
- They will be working on multiple projects at a time, and as a member of each project team, sometimes as a project coordinator.
- Works on small to large, moderately complex projects that require general networking knowledge.
- Troubleshooting enterprise voice and data network infrastructures.
- Participating in root cause analysis.
- Performing moves, adds and changes for voice and data networks.
- Maintaining system documentation.
- Providing Tier I support for voice and data issues that come through the help desk.
- Monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLA' s), ensuring requirements are met.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining network services for availability and maintenance.
- Implementing, and maintaining data LAN and WAN for the enterprise network.
- Ensuring compliance to network specific architectural standards and implementation practices.
- Configuring and maintaining voice and data infrastructures.
- Analyzing facilities bandwidth requirements and capacity planning, analyzing system interdependencies, providing input to capacity and resource planning activities.
- Implementing data network security procedures.
- Participates in assessing data network capacity to ensure that it meets the present and upcoming needs of the company.
- Participating as a project team member (and sometimes leader) on various data related projects.
- Assisting in team disaster recovery plans by executing network-test plans. Staying informed about recent developments, new products, and emerging communication strategies and methods.
- Provides input to new strategies and technology for the organization when applicable.
- Providing input to Network Analysts in the development of enterprise voice and data network architecture and related technology standards.
- At least 8 years’ experience working in an operational setting implementing and maintaining network equipment.
- Experience working with CISCO routers and switches, QOS
- CISCO CNNP/CCDP certification preferred
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewalls/VPNs, F5 Load-balancers, and Aruba Wireless
- Experience with Orion Solarwinds.
- Working knowledge of MPLS environment
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IP protocols and LAN/WAN network equipment (IP addressing, routing, OSPF, LAN switching, QOS, VLAN) and VOIP protocols.
- Switch and router skills – proficiency with advanced switching and routing, Distribution, Core, Gateways, Routers, Interfaces, Modules
- Detailed understanding of enterprise system interactions and integrations
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience in the financial/insurance industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills